You can rule the world!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Le Deal du moment :
Tablette 11″ Xiaomi- Mi Pad 6 global version ...
Voir le deal
224.97 €
-29%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
PC portable – MEDION 15,6″ FHD Intel i7 – 16 Go / 512Go (CDAV : ...
499.99 € 699.99 €
Voir le deal

The Problem of God [Debate III]

+6
HeadHunter
KINGof♠
Bishop of the East
marshmallow
Uh?
evil-mashimaro
10 posters
Go down
evil-mashimaro
evil-mashimaro
Admin
https://secondlife.1fr1.net

The Problem of God [Debate III] Empty The Problem of God [Debate III]

Mon May 02, 2011 6:18 pm
Now, finally, let answer our very question!

Does God exists?

If haven't, go read The problem of God! [philosophy]
Uh?
Uh?

The Problem of God [Debate III] Empty Re: The Problem of God [Debate III]

Mon May 02, 2011 6:41 pm
There is no God! Classic God is dead and now it is just a symbol for Atman.
marshmallow
marshmallow

Mon May 02, 2011 6:44 pm
Didn't you even read? All we were discussing was about God as an Atman! If you think you exist, then Atman exists and God exists!
Bishop of the East
Bishop of the East

Mon May 02, 2011 7:01 pm
Does God exists? Definitely. As Atman or Brahma, He exists neither way. Once we understand the Yoga's philosophy, everything comes together.

In the ancient period, people started to believed in God because some people (prophets) experienced transcendelia.

In the medieval period, people started to abuse the sacred texts because not all religious people are able to do transformation and thus don't have the potential to interpret the meaning correctly. Followers just think that God is like a superhuman that can do anything and they must fear Him. With the works of some philosophers, which are generally using intelligibila, the sacred texts lost their meaning and becomes easily refutable with sensibilia and intelligibilia arguments.

When the meaning of God is lost, God is said to be dead. But this also metaphoric. The death of God is really the lost of the sense of what we really are, that is Purusha, God.
KINGof♠
KINGof♠

Mon May 02, 2011 7:34 pm
Transcendelia data is not relevant. First, because most people cannot experience it. Second, it doesn't do anything to our life. We do not need to know Atman. Even if we do encounter "Him", it doesn't do anything to our false self. What's the point of knowing that this physical and chemical body is not your true self. You still have to live, still want to eat, to excrete, to play computer, to have s*x - you're still human and you'll still be human until death.

Third, transcendelia is part of another dimension that most of us can't see, can't touch, and can't manipulate. So it doesn't contribute to human evolution.

I say, unless we can do something with transcendelia data, that is to make use of it for everyone's good, unless we can do that, it completely futile. If a knowledge cannot not be used, it is not worthy to know.

I agree with Leo Tolstoy that the searching for the meaning of life is just a bad joke. We are born with the need to satisfy our curiosity. But when we find our that there is no such as thing as meaning and knowledge, it deceives us and make us want to die.
HeadHunter
HeadHunter

Mon May 02, 2011 7:50 pm
Nah, you didn't get it.
There is no way you can fully understand its utility because you cannot experience it. Just like there is no way to can understand atoms at the utility of knowing it if you are a monkey.
Lollipop
Lollipop

Mon May 02, 2011 8:34 pm
Yeah, KINGof♠. I don't care if you're the monarch, but you can't just say that because you can't experience it and so you are not reliable.

So I think, whether one believe in God or not, one cannot have the authority on other people's believe. Religion should be a personal subject.
evil-mashimaro
evil-mashimaro
Admin
https://secondlife.1fr1.net

Mon May 16, 2011 1:19 am
So, what you think about your existence?
AntiMalware 6.0
AntiMalware 6.0

Mon May 16, 2011 1:20 am
God exists, therefore I exist.
Bishop of the East
Bishop of the East

Mon May 16, 2011 1:24 am
=D This is like the reversed question. Since we our God, then do we exist?
As Descarte has once said "I think therefore I am". If we think about our existence, we must exist. If we are wrong about our thoughts, we must exist in order to be wrong. Thus, yes, we exist, and also God exists.
lipid_fatality
lipid_fatality

Mon May 16, 2011 1:33 am
I don't get the difference between existence and nonexistence. If we experience something than it must exist. Empiricalists must think that what ever we experience exist only in our head, not in the physical world. Like for example, colors does not exist in the physical universe, it is only the movements of photos and electrons. But when it comes to philosophy, we can consider experience of transcendelia data to exist. God is not part of the physical universe, but it exists. Then, if everything that we can experience exists, every idea and thought we can come up with exist. So what cannot exist?
wahtheEff?
wahtheEff?

Mon May 16, 2011 1:43 am
Oh, God. Kids think too much. Why are we still discussing about this problem? It's so damn confusing our brain!

Look, existence can not be qualified to something that is not recognized by others. It's not because you think of pink elephants that pink elephants exist for everyone. They only exist for you. Then again, existence of something is relative.
Uh?
Uh?

Mon May 16, 2011 1:48 am
Yeah! If you think you exist, then for you, you exist. If not, then for you you don't. Either way, it doesn't change anything. The universe is too big to be destabilize by humans' thoughts.
wahtheEff?
wahtheEff?

Mon May 16, 2011 2:03 am
Right. I don't see result for finding a definite answer to our existence. Even if it "exists", it is meaningless.

Or am I just an ignorant? lol
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum