Share
View previous topicGo downView next topic
avatar
Messages : 10
Date d'inscription : 2010-04-25
View user profile

Re: Off topic

on Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:02 am
•CHUBBY•NECROMANCER• wrote:HEy, watts up duds?


mmmmmm I need help to solve a math problem.
Three people were out for dinner and thier meal costed $10 each, they all gave the waitress a $10 note each which comes to $30. When the waitress took the $30 to the boss, he told her to return $5 to the three. On the way back, the waitress put $2 in her own pocket as she did not know how to split $5 between 3 people. She then gave the diners back $1 each.... Now because the diners got a $1 discount each off thier $10 meals that is a total of $27, plus $2 the waitress stole is $29. Where is the other dollar?
Give me some time and I'll use my math-killer ability to solve this cake. Twisted Evil
avatar
Messages : 20
Date d'inscription : 2010-05-16
View user profile

Re: Off topic

on Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:17 am
•CHUBBY•NECROMANCER• wrote:HEy, watts up duds?


mmmmmm I need help to solve a math problem.
Three people were out for dinner and thier meal costed $10 each, they all gave the waitress a $10 note each which comes to $30. When the waitress took the $30 to the boss, he told her to return $5 to the three. On the way back, the waitress put $2 in her own pocket as she did not know how to split $5 between 3 people. She then gave the diners back $1 each.... Now because the diners got a $1 discount each off thier $10 meals that is a total of $27, plus $2 the waitress stole is $29. Where is the other dollar?
It's a wrong statement. You're not supposed to add 2 after you take out 3 to make 30.
30$ - 5$ = 25$
The 27$ comes from 25$ + 2$ tips. That means you can't add the 2$ tips again to make 30$.
So the meal is 27$, and $3 returned makes $30.
avatar
Messages : 13
Date d'inscription : 2010-07-01
View user profile

Re: Off topic

on Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:19 am
HeadHunter wrote:
It's a wrong statement. You're not supposed to add 2 after you take out 3 to make 30.
30$ - 5$ = 25$
The 27$ comes from 25$ + 2$ tips. That means you can't add the 2$ tips again to make 30$.
So the meal is 27$, and $3 returned makes $30.
Thanks mm7
Your IQ is so high!
avatar
Messages : 10
Date d'inscription : 2010-04-25
View user profile

Re: Off topic

on Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:21 am
HeadHunter wrote:It's a wrong statement. You're not supposed to add 2 after you take out 3 to make 30.
30$ - 5$ = 25$
The 27$ comes from 25$ + 2$ tips. That means you can't add the 2$ tips again to make 30$.
So the meal is 27$, and $3 returned makes $30.
Nah, I knew that. lol!
avatar
Messages : 13
Date d'inscription : 2010-07-01
View user profile

Re: Off topic

on Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:31 am
Another question:

If 1=5, 2=10550, 3=105510, 4=150105501
What's for 5?
avatar
Messages : 10
Date d'inscription : 2010-04-25
View user profile

Re: Off topic

on Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:32 am
•CHUBBY•NECROMANCER• wrote:Another question:

If 1=5, 2=10550, 3=105510, 4=150105501
What's for 5?
Sleep
avatar
Messages : 20
Date d'inscription : 2010-05-16
View user profile

Re: Off topic

on Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:33 am
•CHUBBY•NECROMANCER• wrote:Another question:

If 1=5, 2=10550, 3=105510, 4=150105501
What's for 5?
Since 1=5, then 5=1.
Razz
avatar
Messages : 13
Date d'inscription : 2010-07-01
View user profile

Re: Off topic

on Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:43 am
HeadHunter wrote:
Since 1=5, then 5=1.
Razz
Damn, you're so high!

Here's another one
1. Grab a calculator.
2. Key in the first three digits of your phone number (NOT the area code)
3. Multiply by 80
4. Add 1
5. Multiply by 250
6. Add the last 4 digits of your phone number
7. Add the last 4 digits of your phone number again.
8. Subtract 250
9. Divide number by 2

Do you recognize the answer?
How did that happend?
avatar
Messages : 9
Date d'inscription : 2010-07-11
View user profile

Re: Off topic

on Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:46 am
•CHUBBY•NECROMANCER• wrote:
Damn, you're so high!

Here's another one
1. Grab a calculator.
2. Key in the first three digits of your phone number (NOT the area code)
3. Multiply by 80
4. Add 1
5. Multiply by 250
6. Add the last 4 digits of your phone number
7. Add the last 4 digits of your phone number again.
8. Subtract 250
9. Divide number by 2

Do you recognize the answer?
How did that happend?
I'll answer it. Razz

Suppose your number is xy where x represents the first 3 digits and the y represents the last 4 digits.

The steps give

3: 80x
4: 80x + 1
5: 250(80x + 1) = 2000x + 250
6: 20000x + 250 + y
7: 20000x + 250 + 2y
8: 20000x + 2y {we took 250 away}
9: 10000x + y

10000x gives you x with four zeros at the end, so, when you add y, the four digits of y replace the zeros - so you end up with your phone number again !
avatar
Messages : 163
Date d'inscription : 2007-11-17
View user profile

Re: Off topic

on Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:50 pm
Games, animes, maths... He he, interesting summer vacation. mm1

I'm in Europe, looking at the Colosseum.
avatar
Messages : 17
Date d'inscription : 2010-05-05
View user profile

Re: Off topic

on Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:52 pm
I'm looking at the Colosseum, too - on TV. Laughing
I've have my favorite onion sauced pop-corn. Who want some?
avatar
Messages : 7
Date d'inscription : 2010-06-29
View user profile

Re: Off topic

on Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:55 pm
lipid_fatality wrote:I'm looking at the Colosseum, too - on TV. Laughing
I've have my favorite onion sauced pop-corn. Who want some?
Onion sauced. *vomit*
avatar
Messages : 10
Date d'inscription : 2010-04-25
View user profile

Re: Off topic

on Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:59 pm
[SM]SuperMeteorite[SM] wrote:
Onion sauced. *vomit*
You conformist!

Onion sauced looks great! Give me some!
avatar
Messages : 17
Date d'inscription : 2010-05-05
View user profile

Re: Off topic

on Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:01 pm
U†Slayer wrote:Onion sauced looks great! Give me some!
Ok, come and get it. *throw the sac of pop-corn in the air*
avatar
Messages : 21
Date d'inscription : 2010-04-30
View user profile

Re: Off topic

on Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:03 pm
lipid_fatality wrote:I'm looking at the Colosseum, too - by TV. Laughing
I've my favorite onion sauced pop-corn. Who want some?
Green tee flavor is my favorite. lol!
avatar
Messages : 12
Date d'inscription : 2010-04-21
View user profile

Re: Off topic

on Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:04 pm
AntiMalware 6.0 wrote:
lipid_fatality wrote:I'm looking at the Colosseum, too - by TV. Laughing
I've my favorite onion sauced pop-corn. Who want some?
Green tee flavor is my favorite. lol!
I would say natural flavor. Very Happy
avatar
Messages : 163
Date d'inscription : 2007-11-17
View user profile

Re: Off topic

on Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:05 pm
So now we are talking about food? mm1
avatar
Messages : 23
Date d'inscription : 2010-02-14
View user profile

Re: Off topic

on Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:41 am
It's my birthday Wednesday. mm20
avatar
Messages : 163
Date d'inscription : 2007-11-17
View user profile

Re: Off topic

on Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:42 am
Zero wrote:It's my birthday Wednesday. mm20
Really?! How old will you be?
avatar
Messages : 23
Date d'inscription : 2010-02-14
View user profile

Re: Off topic

on Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:43 am
Spirit wrote:Really?! How old will you be?
Seven.
avatar
Messages : 19
Date d'inscription : 2010-05-03
View user profile

Re: Off topic

on Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:47 am
Zero wrote:
Spirit wrote:Really?! How old will you be?
Seven.
O_O You're only six, but your arguments are so convincing! Gosh, I'm your fan.
avatar
Messages : 18
Date d'inscription : 2010-07-13
View user profile

Re: Off topic

on Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:42 pm
I want to scream! SHINee's comeback is today! But... but... I can wait no longer! *cry my life out* TT
avatar
Messages : 15
Date d'inscription : 2010-04-25
View user profile

Re: Off topic

on Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:44 pm
BlackBeard's-bro wrote:I want to scream! SHINee's comeback is today! But... but... I can wait no longer! *cry my life out* TT
SHINee's comeback is today?! I didn't know. XD
avatar
Messages : 27
Date d'inscription : 2010-02-14
View user profile

Re: Off topic

on Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:46 pm
BlackBeard's-bro wrote:I want to scream! SHINee's comeback is today! But... but... I can wait no longer! *cry my life out* TT
Life as a fan is sure difficult.

Akuramamurooroo: Ahhhh! If SHINee's Lucifer MV is not out until midnight, I going to jump off my roof!
avatar
Messages : 18
Date d'inscription : 2010-07-13
View user profile

Re: Off topic

on Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:49 pm
Chocolate wrote:Life as a fan is sure difficult.

Akuramamurooroo: Ahhhh! If SHINee's Lucifer MV is not out until midnight, I going to jump off my roof!
Bro~ let's wait together.
Here's a trial audio of SHINee's Lucifer: box.net sgs7plpls0
Enjoy while waiting. Very Happy
Sponsored content

Re: Off topic

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum