You can rule the world!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
-40%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
-40% sur le Pack Gaming Mario PDP Manette filaire + Casque filaire ...
29.99 € 49.99 €
Voir le deal

Go down
evil-mashimaro
evil-mashimaro
Admin
https://secondlife.1fr1.net

Western v.s. Eastern Philosophy [debate] Empty Western v.s. Eastern Philosophy [debate]

Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:58 pm
It is proven with my personal experience that there's a big gap between the East and the West perspective mehehe... This gap is not only expressed by the pacific and atlantic oceans, but also from the historical progression on each side.

Let's take a look into the details in this gap and debate on the following:
Who has a better view of the world?
What is the direction of Earth progression as an entire global civilization?

Come on, come on~ mehehe... *43*
Dark
Dark

Western v.s. Eastern Philosophy [debate] Empty Re: Western v.s. Eastern Philosophy [debate]

Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:51 am
No one, except me.

It's doomed. The sun will explode and we'll die regardless of your man-named cardinal location.
JellyFish
JellyFish

Western v.s. Eastern Philosophy [debate] Empty Re: Western v.s. Eastern Philosophy [debate]

Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:54 am
That's so lame, incomparable to the response to what you asked evil-mashimaro to answer https://secondlife.1fr1.net/t153-the-ultimate-order#1406
Dark
Dark

Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:08 am
I have my own essay to elaborate my point of view. 

Everything is relative, so of course, to me I'm the only right who's right!

The sun will explode and it is self-evident. Expiration date is not excluded to the human species. There's no direction in Earth progression, just endless cycles.
JellyFish
JellyFish

Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:14 am
You're just using some of the things that evil-mashimaro said. Suspect
Dark
Dark

Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:15 am
Well, what do you have to share?
JellyFish
JellyFish

Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:24 am
Here's a book that I recently read in class about Western philosophy and how Western philosophers think. It's called "Zeno and the Tortoise: How to Think like a Philosopher" by Nicholas Fearn. I think some key points from this book can be useful for this post.

Zeno and the Tortoise - Key Points:
shadow
shadow

Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:47 am
Western philosophy is primarily shaped by their historical progression from caesaropapism to the battle between empiricism and rationalism and finally to existentialism, idealism and pragmatism. First dictated by the bible, people went more or less on a trial and error approach to re-explain truth with all the hatred, disgust and fear from the religious past kept in mind.

Eastern philosophy was shaped in ancient time. Those classics take form in four major movements: Confucianism, Buddhism, Daoism and Hinduism and they still co-exist in harmony. Modern philosophy is more political oriented, and triggered by colonisation and globalization. Often, they are a synthesis of native and foreign components.

The main difference is therefore this: Jesus, as a sage, screwed up in his teaching, hence causing so much hatred and suffering attached to religion that the East has never witnessed.
Dark
Dark

Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:04 pm
I think Neitzsche has the right mindset, that is we all want to control other people's thinking. The Greek dude were just trying to show off their intelligence by blabbing about their views on the world:

Thales: water is essence of everything.
Pythagoras: men is the measure of everything.
Zeno: change is an illusion.
Socrates: your view is probably morally wrong and you'll see it when I ask you a question that'll screw you up.
Plato: everything was a corrupted copy of an ideal template in heaven.
Aristotle: everything strive to reach an end goal.

And then Jesus came and blabbed about his God.

Then we see, for a millennia, people were suppressed by Jesus and his fellow men's power.

Then people heard enough of their sht and start blab on their own now.

Descartes: I think therefore everything exists.
Hume: things that doesn't sound scientific to me doesn't make sense to everyone.
Reid: my mind cannot take it, therefore it doesn't make sense.
Rousseau: I am unhappy about our state, therefore everyone is unhappy.
Kant: I cannot explain what I mean, so don't try to understand it.
Bentham: life is about maximizing pleasure.
Hegel: I dreamed that everything is one, this is my theory on why that can happen.
Neitzsche: I want power, so you want power.
etc....: I also want power, and so ...
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum